We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
Who We Are:
With headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Namaste Technologies is a leading online platform for cannabis products and accessories. The company’s flagship brand, CannMart, is Canada’s first-ever sales-only licensed producer of medical cannabis. Fueled by a mission to leverage technology to create a marketplace for consumers seeking a variety of brands and products.
Who You Are:
Reporting to the Controller and working cross functionally with the entire finance team, the Inventory Accountant will be responsible for inventory accounting and management including internal and external reporting.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to bring his or her energy and enthusiasm to an early stage company and contribute to its growth.
Personal Traits We Love To See:
• Set up new item masters and maintain accurate costing for all Raw Materials, WIP
and Finished Goods, including BOMs, routings, labour rates and other production
• Prepare, review and analyze daily, weekly and monthly operational reports
including, but not limited to gross margin, labour efficiency, utilities, expenses,
partnering with Plant Management to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Comply with internal controls over financial reporting as required by the company’s
• Support the month-end close process by working with Finance and Operations
• Reconcile and analyze all manufacturing and purchase price variances. Report on
the impact these variances have, on financial performance and make
recommendations which reflect standard business practices resulting from this
• Prepare applicable journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations as
• Support the interim and year-end financial audits by leading the multi location
physical count in coordination with operation and planning departments.
• Prepare and present inventory information to business partners and leaders within
the organization including the identification of slow moving and obsolete inventory.
Prepare gross margin analysis at SKU level, Cost /NRV provision calculation and
adjustment (if required) at regular interval.
• Any other task as assigned.
• CPA designation (or near to completion)
• 3-5 years accounting and cost reconciliation experience in a manufacturing
• Experience with financial modeling, building templates and leveraging advanced
functions in Excel for data manipulation and interpretation
• Knowledge of financial/operational ERP systems (Quick book,
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact cross-functionally
- You show intellectual curiosity
- You demand integrity
- You practice gratitude
- You make meaningful connections
- You are innovative
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.