We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Senior Python Software Engineer
About the role:
Odoo is the ERP used by Namaste Technologies and is written in Python. As the roll-out of Odoo through-out the organisation is nearing completion, it is now necessary to build out our own in-house Python team, so we are not reliant on Odoo consultants for making changes in our Odoo setup. The Python Developer will be incredibly organized, enthusiastic, confident, and a great communicator.
Your responsibilities include:
- Implement the required modules to operate Odoo for Namaste business
- Support the integration according to stakeholders’ requirements.
- Assist and train other stakeholders for their usage of Odoo.
- Mentor other Python developers within the team.
- Initiative-taking; you are self-motivated, a doer, and can drive projects from start to finish
- A leader; you have a proven ability to inspire, energize and mobilize a team towards a goal
- A team-player; you are comfortable working with different styles and believe (like us) that together we achieve much more than alone
- Driven; you are used to working hard to achieve a goal you care about and running several projects in parallel
- A great communicator; you are comfortable in communicating in English both written and oral, including leading meetings, selling your ideas and storytelling
- Minimum of 3 years as a software engineer
- 2+ years Python experience
- Knowledge of best engineering practices in agile software development: architectural paradigms, code reviews, branching, task management, documentation, testing
- Thorough experience of REST & API practices
- In-depth knowledge of database design and optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work well with teams effectively without supervision
We’d be extra impressed if you also have:
- ERP knowledge or willing to learn the ERP Odoo
- Fully remote and highly talented distributed team
- Working on great tech stack with cutting edge technologies
- Product company with a long-term vision
- Competitive salary depending on the relative work experience.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product, and business
- Challenging technical tasks, fast learning cycles, and meaningful feedback.
Location: remote. Flexible within timezone CET +/-4
We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better products we build and the better we are able to serve our customers. Women and other minorities under-represented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.