We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Marketing - Vancouver
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re using that information to support our customers. We operate Canada’s first-ever sales-only Licensed Producer – CannMart.com – which allows us to provide legal medical cannabis and accessories to approved Canadians from a variety of suppliers.
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal CONTENT MANAGER is passionate about medical cannabis and the role that it plays within a balanced health and wellness regime. Reporting to the Director of Content and working with the Content Specialist and the rest of our creative team, the Content Manager play a key part in contributing to the growth of our company, both in Canada and beyond. That person will create, curate, edit, publish and oversee content across a variety of platforms and mediums that will educate, empower and engage. As a core member of our new Vancouver-based Content & Marketing team, you will also help shape a positive and inclusive culture within the company, while helping to set the tone for an enlightened cannabis culture.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate on content marketing strategy and content creation for Namaste’s digital properties including CannMart, Buds2Go, NamasteMD, Namaste Technologies or as assigned
- Create generous and enjoyable content to drive traffic, increase engagement, generate leads, that deliver sales and improve customer retention
- Create and manage our content calendar, and work with our Social Media Manager, Graphic Designer and the rest of the Marketing team as assigned
- Collaborate to create unique brand voice, style and tone for each platform
- Consistently audit, measure, revise and optimize content based on basic SEO / SEM best practices, mindful of shifting regulatory and compliance rules
- Help to create and execute digital marketing campaigns, such as promotional emails, advertising copy, broadcast speaking points, landing pages and account-based marketing with conversion and lead generation top of mind, in partnership with marketing team
- Use strong writing and grammar skills to create high quality, consistent content, managing multiple content themes and channels at any given time, ensuring a dominating online presence
- Act creatively, imaginatively, resourcefully and authentically to manage (sometimes competing) deadlines
- Produce ongoing reports to executive team that show data-driven results across funnel activities, while diligently analyzing and optimizing conversion rates
- Understand Canadian cannabis e-commerce business objectives and insight needs, collect appropriate data on clients, competitors and cannabis marketplace, and consolidate information into actionable insights, reports and presentations
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market and industry trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation, suggest and implement standard operating procedures
- Identify new opportunities for us to explore where content can be the key driver of success
- Work with the team to produce print assets (brochures, handouts, banners, promotional material) for use at conferences, tradeshows and consumer events
- Collaborate to create copy that supports our Customer Service teams
- Disseminate internal communications updates to Namaste global/national team including high-level details on new products, suppliers, partnerships, sales results, social media metrics
- Conduct journalistic interviews with partners, patients and/or other associates of Namaste for publication on various print and online platforms
- Participate and attend special events as required
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience writing in the cannabis or health & wellness space, or as a journalist or content creator in a related industry
- An excellent writing portfolio (short and long form) that is educational and engaging
- Your style is “people first”, making sure that we attract the right people. SEO and sales come later. You want to build brands and shape the cannabis conversation.
- A passion for medical cannabis and its potential health benefits
- Experience creating or curating content for social media and leveraging its content in a B2C environment, creating authentic rapport with our customers and followers
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills
- Formal SEO training is considered an asset
- You must love working in a high-paced environment with creative individuals who love cannabis
- You must enjoy a challenge and possess a drive to learn new skills and share success with your team
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.