We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
IT Systems Administrator
Information Technology - Toronto
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users, and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re monetizing this information. We have recently acquired our sales license for our Licensed Producer CannMart which now allows us to operate our marketplace for all brands’ legal cannabis products.
WHO YOU ARE
We are currently in the process of consolidating our business-critical applications, services, tools, and more so that we can significantly increase our systems security and monitoring capacity, automate major IT workflows, and overall provide better end-user support. We’re also scaling up our staff and creating a major center of gravity for our organization in Toronto. Our ideal candidate is an IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (ON-SITE) to join our currently distributed Information Technology team to be our team’s eyes and ears on the ground in Toronto. This role will be based at our downtown Toronto location but will need to travel around the Toronto metropolitan area as necessary to support systems, infrastructure, and users at our CannMart facility in Etobicoke and our NamasteMD office also based in Toronto.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as first line of support for all application, hardware, and network problems for our employees in the Toronto area
- Provide exceptional IT support in person, via phone, via email, and via ticketing on requests, problems, and incidents covering a broad range of functional areas
- Communicate with internal employees to provide meaningful analysis of issues, providing articulate and meaningful insights for any on-going problems
- Design and implement solutions for employee assistance requests concerning computer, network, and related IT issues
- Work alongside developers and product managers in removing technical roadblocks that prevent engineers from iterating on products
- Perform user administration duties, process user permissions changes, manage licenses and installation of software
- Endpoint monitoring including patch management, advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting, and advanced network configuration and maintenance
- Approximately 75% of time will be spent at our primary location in downtown Toronto
- Approximately 25% of time will be spent at our CannMart facility in Etobicoke (Toronto metropolitan area) and our Toronto-based NamasteMD office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 - 5 years minimum of combined experience as a Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, IT Support Specialist, or similar role, 3 years of experience should have been working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment
- BSc/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Strongly proficient working with various operating systems and platforms including Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Extremely resourceful, high aptitude for solving problems, great troubleshooting skills with wide variety of computer hardware, software, peripherals, network infrastructure, mobile devices, etc.
- Extensive experience configuring and supporting SaaS applications and cloud-based IT solutions
- Zero Trust Security methodology and emphasis on data loss prevention
- Experience with directory information services like Active Directory & LDAP, Azure, and/or Identity Management is a plus
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and strong ability to assist end-users
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.