We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Senior React Native Engineer
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users, and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re monetizing this information. We have recently acquired our sales license for our Licensed Producer CannMart which now allows us to operate our marketplace for all brands’ legal cannabis products.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Senior React Native Engineer, you are to help us create beautiful, performant mobile apps on iOS and Android that give our customers a first-class mobile experience. You will be responsible for architecting and creating these applications, as well as collaborating closely with the web and server teams responsible for the other layers of our product suite. This is a high-impact position that will play a critical role in our product development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product and business teams to define our product, balancing features with time to market
- Design and implement a mobile application for iOS and Android using React Native
- Create a scalable, testable, documented application so that we can grow the product over time.
- Keep up with technology changes in our space and leverage them when appropriate
- Work independently to deliver software on time
- Document all aspects of your work
- Train, mentor and collaborate with other team members to ensure our teams maintain high standards
- Learn our business and help to align technology innovation with our customer needs
- Participate in product design, offer new ideas and understand that not every idea will be adopted
- Communicate professionally with other business units and customers as needed for demos and support of our products
Education and Experience
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor in Computer science, Engineering, Business, Economics or a related discipline.
- Expert in building and deploying mobile applications
- Experience with iOS or Android native development in the past
- 2+ years of building mobile applications using React Native
- Experience building and consuming APIs to interact with other applications using REST or GraphQL
- Experience in design and building mobile first UI
- Experience in working in an agile environment to quickly iterate and deliver features to users
Location: remote. Flexible within timezone CET +/-2
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.