We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Senior Financial Analyst
Finance - Toronto
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re monetizing this information. We have recently acquired our sales license for our Licensed Producer CannMart which now allows us to operate our marketplace for all brands’ legal cannabis products.
WHO YOU ARE Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting and working cross functionally with the entire finance team, the SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST will be responsible for internal and external reporting, including reviewing and verifying the accuracy of accounting records, preparing analytics, resolving accounting discrepancies, assisting in preparation of financial statements and coordination of audit process, and various other assigned duties. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to bring his or her energy and enthusiasm to an early stage company and contribute to its growth.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead role in the month-end and year-end closing process to ensure accurate and timely completion of all period end closuring activities.
- Prepare variance analysis for balance sheet and income statement accounts, including detailed understanding on variances.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and management reports.
- Responsible for the preparation/review of accurate and timely working papers to enable the quarterly review and year-end audit, collaborating with Manager, Financial Reporting to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Responsible to work with external auditors throughout the audit processes ensuring auditor inquiries/requests are completed accurately and timely.
- Support the continuous development and implementation of accounting and financial policies, best practice, and process improvements.
- Assist in assessment and documentation of the accounting impact and required disclosures for major transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other complex transactions.
- Additional duties as assigned from time-to-time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in finance and/or accounting.
- 3 to 5 years of corporate accounting and/or reporting experience. A CPA designation (or in progress) is a big plus.
- Basic understanding of IFRS accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly accurate while also fast and efficient.
- Strong technical skills, including MS Word/Excel (pivot tables, model building), ERP systems (Odoo and/or QuickBooks is an asset), ERP system implementation experience is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, controlled manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.