We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Odoo Data Support Engineer
Information Technology - Toronto
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users, and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re monetizing this information. We have recently acquired our sales license for our Licensed Producer CannMart which now allows us to operate our marketplace for all brands’ legal cannabis products.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Data Support Engineer you are a master of manipulating datasets and generating custom reports for different stakeholders within a business organization. You will thrive when people come to you for their business intelligence needs as you work with the data they need. You must have experience using Odoo and most importantly you possess a strong understanding of the linkage of SQL tables, you have strong and proven experience with ORM, you have a keen eye when it comes to attention to detail, and you love solving problems. The right candidate will also have great customer service skills, treating colleagues as customers and working with them to find the solutions they need.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the organization's ERP by becoming an expert in all aspects of the data in SQL
- Generate custom reports and reporting schema based on stakeholder requirements
- Customize the frontend views of the ERP by working from backend data towards the front and creating reusable report types
- Quickly develop a firm understanding of the linkage of our data tables and the dependencies that exist when exporting/querying and creating reports
- Place customer's needs first, knowing the right questions to ask to discover the inputs you need to fulfill a request
- Work within the IT's support organization and cross-functionally with systems development to help shape future decisions that impact data within the ERP
- Maintain high standards and attention to detail while working with customers/stakeholders across the entire organization, from finance to engineering and everything in between
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years working in a similar role, such as ERP development, data support, or business intelligence
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Odoo experience required
- Strong, proven experience working with XML & SQL. Python experience is also strongly preferred but not required.
- Strong math skills, especially in probability and statistics
- Expert user of Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Customer support mentality and personality, ability to comfort stakeholders and approach problems with a can-do attitude to alleviate concerns