We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Senior Data Analyst
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re leveraging this data to provide our customers with a world class cannabis purchasing experience.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team. You will be partnering with our product managers to assess strategic initiatives, develop actionable insights and drive operational analytics.
As our business is constantly trying to delight its customers, data takes a crucial place. By leveraging all the knowledge we collect about our customers’ journey, we can take informed decisions on the future of our products. This position is part of the engineering department and focus on bringing answers to our engineering squads. Examples of questions to answer are “What is the conversion rate of this specific step?” or “What is the impact of an A/B Test segment on the Average Order Value?”.
Candidates are expected to be highly analytical, self-directed and excellent communicators. Ideal candidates have a proven track record of cross functional project management and extensive analytics experience. We are a data driven organisation so previous experience with query and scripting languages such as SQL and Python or a strong desire to learn these skills is preferred. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results while exhibiting the highest personal and professional integrity and ethics.
In addition to intellectual curiosity and aptitude, we look for candidates who are excited by technology, either from a professional or personal background.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic ad-hoc analysis to engineering teams, senior leaders, and FP&A. Report and iterate on key operational and financial metrics.
- Collaborate with our Engineering squads to create dashboards presenting KPIs for our products and our business activities.
- Minimum three years in an analytical role
- Ability to present to and context switch between peer groups and senior level management.
- Ability to independently explore and analyse high volume datasets.
- Working experience with the visualisation tool, Tableau.
- Experience with data storytelling.
- Degree in economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence.