We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Head of Merchandising
Marketing - Vancouver
Namaste Technologies is looking for a Head of Merchandising with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a fervent desire to learn to help us build a world-class health & wellness company.
Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce, the Head of Merchandising will be responsible for managing a team of merchandising and assortment experts tasked with creating a robust and profitable assortment strategy, optimizing on-site product search and discovery, and identifying and managing opportunities for category expansion.
- Manage the full product strategy and execution, ensuring a robust, data-driven assortment plan
- Develop pricing strategies to manage costing and optimize margin.
- Develop/Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to clearly categorize product performance, define optimal breadth and depth of assortment, lifecycle planning, and our Tip of Spear products.
- Measure and optimize search and discovery across our properties, ensuring the right product is showing up in the right place, at the right time.
- Highlight key product clusters to guide team in developing content rich experiences highlighting selling features and benefits.
- Partner tightly with the marketing team to showcase Tip of Spear products through our various channels.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Team highlighting opportunities for additions to the assortment and new category expansion.
- Prepare and hold business reviews with stakeholders to review assortment performance, category findings, search and discovery performance, and future opportunities to optimize revenue performance.
The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results.
- 5+ years of in-depth multi-category assortment management in an ecommerce business
- 5+ years of ecommerce merchandising experience with large assortments (+10,000 SKUs) across multiple brands and geographies
- 3+ years experience leading and growing high-functioning teams
- Strong analytical skills with experience in Google Analytics and data visualization
- Marketplace experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate self-starter
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Namaste Technologies leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day