We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Senior Graphic Designer
Marketing - Vancouver
Namaste Technologies is looking for a multidisciplinary Senior Graphic Designer to help share in our passion to re-imagine the alternative medicine experience on a global scale. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing design deliverables that elevate, differentiate, and function on-brand and on-strategy. We are looking for someone with exceptional creative and technical skills across print and digital, who can handle multiple projects at once, in addition to managing graphic designers and contract illustrators.
Reporting to the Director of Brand, the ideal candidate is highly creative with no-predefined art style. You will leverage your deep knowledge of print production, digital design, motion/animation and illustration to create a world-class experience.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Weave together compelling user-generated stories and product to help our customers realize the best versions of themselves
- Drive brand equity through art—we don’t want to produce ‘content’ for the sake of it, we want to produce meaningful experiences
- Produce work that will reach millions of individuals per month, and receive real-time consumer feedback on it
- Work closely with social, PR, content and e-commerce to deliver the best visual experience possible
- Help to re-imagine and develop our experiential and packaging experience
- Push the limits of your comfort zone and skill set
Who You Are:
- A strong portfolio showcasing outstanding creative thinking across print and digital-based work, especially packaging
- Deep understanding of colour and font psychology, layout techniques and artistic composition
- Self-motivated, strategic problem solver. You have the ability to conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas state
- Open to change, critical feedback and alternative design techniques
- Confident to lead by example and able to provide mentorship, supervision and leadership support to graphic designers or contractors. You have the drive to work hands-on within the creative team, not just give direction
- An effective communicator who can participate in design conversations with the team, partners and senior leadership
- Understands the importance of the brand, brand standards and how to apply it across all mediums
- A fun, positive attitude and egoless nature
- Lead a variety of creative projects across all channels and media in a busy environment
- Work hands-on to produce beautiful and highly creative digital marketing and creative assets
- Assist and actively seek feedback from the Director of Brand to develop concepts into final designs
- Work closely with the Creative Services Manager to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within timeline and budget
- Meet with various stakeholders to fully understand their project requirements
- Keep yourself appraised of emerging trends across both the graphic design and health & wellness space
- Participate in weekly ‘1 on 1’ meetings
- Manage, maintain, and archive graphics and production files
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Graphic Designer for a design agency/in-house creative
- Degree in design or related field
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere).
- Motion graphic skills are necessary, primarily in After Effects or Apple Motion with an in-depth understanding of motion and its ability to inform and lead the eye
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with Procreate, Sketch and Affinity Designer in particular are a huge advantage
- Print production and pre-press expert
- Excellent verbal and written English
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and a generous vacation policy
- Collaborative team environment in the heart of Gastown – Vancouver’s coffee mecca.
- Flexible work-schedule and remote working ability
- Bond with your teammates at fun company events
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on pushing the boundaries of digital and product experience
- Work directly with a very talented senior leadership team who are committed to the development of your skills and career
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.