We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Marketing - Vancouver
Namaste Technologies is looking for an experienced Public Relations Manager to oversee and orchestrate all internal PR and reputation management activations. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day operations within the scope of our Public Relations program, contribution to and execution of program strategy, and act as the main point of contact for both our PR Agency of Record and all inbound press inquiries.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with established media relationships, experience in building out and executing non-traditional PR campaigns, and has excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Who You Are:
- You have strong organizational skills and project management experience
- You’re comfortable managing many moving parts simultaneously and autonomously
- You are analytically inclined and can provide immaculate market research, comparative analyses, and post-campaign reporting to guide strategy and program evolution
- You’re a strategic thinker who is also creatively driven and is comfortable sharing strategy ideas, insight, and recommendations within the org and with our key partners, as needed
- You have experience in managing complex marketing and PR projects
- You are a skilled and confident presenter and public speaker
What We’ll Accomplish Together:
- Identify and execute PR-worthy storytelling opportunities throughout Namaste Technologies as an organization
- Establish Namaste Technologies as a thought leader in a variety of PR categories
- Utilize trends and consumer insights to reach new audiences and remove the stigma around cannabis
- Deploy unified, accurate brand messaging on behalf of the company and evolve targeting and messaging as we expand our audiences
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of world-class marketing campaigns to set Namaste Technologies apart from the competition
- Coordinate and work with our PR Agency to publicize activities and events that would benefit the image, visibility, and reputation of the company
- Develop and action a multi-faceted, evergreen brand reputation management strategy
- Respond to media inquiries and coordinate PR opportunities for the company
- Support external PR Agency outreach efforts to increase brand and interest in Namaste Technologies and its subsidiaries
- Prepare and maintain media kits
- Identify thought leadership opportunities and weave brand-aligned causal awareness into PR messaging and strategies
- Draft, finalize and maintain internal emergency communications protocol guidelines
- Draft or contribute to press releases and other PR materials to promote product launches, new partnerships, and other company updates
- Cultivate new media opportunities and ideate/pitch stories to Namaste’s PR Agency for consideration
- Support content development ideas for social media channels, monitor for customer and industry mentions, and coordinate engagement efforts when appropriate
- Research conferences relevant for executive speaking engagements and vet, pitch and coordinate logistics to support
- Develop and maintain a private internal, holistic PR campaign calendar designed for transparent, organized executive accessibility
- Collaborate with both leadership and marketing team members on various projects and tasks
- Attend necessary team meetings and participate in events as part of the overall team.
- 5+ years of experience (combined) in an agency and/or in-house PR capacity in the e-commerce, cannabis or technology industries
- 2+ years of experience in social media and/or digital marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR or Communications
- Strong campaign brief and copywriting skills
- Experience with data analysis, report building, and presentations
- Experience in the medical and/or recreational Cannabis industries or in technology
- Proficiency with Google & Microsoft Office suites
Why We Think You’ll Like Working With Us:
- Competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and a generous vacation policy
- Collaborative team environment with flexible work-schedule and remote working ability
- Bond with your teammates at fun company events
- Be part of a collaborative, and driven team focused on pushing the boundaries of digital and product experience
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.