We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal – to bring cannabis to the world. Even though we’re not a start-up anymore, it’s really important to us to preserve that part of our culture – the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, where we are all accountable and where we work creatively and collaboratively to solve whatever problem comes up. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important us to maintain our high levels of energy, passion and drive.
Finance Business Partner
Finance - Toronto, Vancouver
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit Namastetechnologies.com.
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER is responsible creation of detailed budgets, forecasts and project analysis through attendance of strategic meetings, independent information gathering and model building.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of detailed budgets, forecasts and project analysis through attendance of strategic meetings, independent information gathering and model building
- Interact with business leads on a regular basis
- Responsible for accurate information reporting for the different product lines, including the preparation, maintenance and analyses of complex worksheets supporting monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Prepare and review clear, concise and meaningful business unit monthly variance analysis package with focus on KPIs and relevant business drivers
- Work cross functionally with the different lines of business to provide value-added financial analysis supporting business decision making
- Provide feedback, insights and recommendations to integrate operational data with financial data to create an automated budgeting, forecasting and reporting process for the different lines of business
- Oversee finance projects, business case analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus a professional designation preferred
- 3 - 5 years’ experience working in related industry operation with hands-on experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- People management experience an asset
- Good understanding of product/channel revenue and expense allocation methodologies
- Strong Analytical skills with clear understanding of complex accounting and financial concepts
- Possess excellent project management skills and the ability to organize and manage large complex projects and multiple priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including written and oral communication with ability to communicate data and findings to all senior management levels
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as QuickBooks would be considered a strong asset
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.