We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
Senior Financial Analyst
Finance - Toronto
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit Namastetechnologies.com.
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST will be responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy.
- Review/Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Assist with consolidation reporting package, corporate tax/ GST/ and fiscal audit.
- Support the continuous development and implementation of accounting and financial policies, best practice, and process improvements.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Additional duties as requested from time-to-time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus a professional designation preferred.
- 3 - 5 year experiences working in related industry operation with hands-on experience in Finance.
- People management experience an asset.
- Strong Analytical skills with clear understanding of complex accounting and financial concepts.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly accurate while also fast and efficient.
- Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and multiple companies and priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including written and oral communication with ability to communicate data and findings to all senior management levels.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Quickbooks would be considered a strong asset
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.