We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
General Manager, CannMart
CannMart - Toronto
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit NamasteTechnologies.com
WHO YOU ARE
The GENERAL MANAGER is responsible and accountable for overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training department leads, managing budgets, creating policies, and communicating business goals at CannMart.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for all end to end operations at Cannmart
- Enable the QA department to ensure compliance with all regulations as top priority
- Direct all departments ensure alignment with external stakeholders: Sales, cannabis procurement, business development, and marketing.
- Manage inventory, control supply chain and oversee production scheduling to ensure on-time on-quality delivery.
- Ensure correct staffing level are maintained across all departments
- Accountable for all SOPs being maintained and followed across all departments.
- Complete P&L responsibility for Cannmart.
- Provide monthly reports to the parent company C-suite
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams of staff, including quality assurance, compliance, production, procurement, shipping & receiving, maintenance and security.
- Manage continuous improvement within the organization, this will include automation, taking out non value add activities
- Accurately plan budgets, capital expenses and projects.
- Accountable for executing compliance plans related to Occupational Health and Safety, Product Quality, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in relevant field required, MBA preferred;
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role in a relevant industry.
- Health Canada Security Clearance preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Demonstrated experience in site management role in a GPP/GMP environment
- Well-developed experience working with ERP systems;
- Strong relationship-building and people-management capabilities.
- Experience working with suppliers and contractors.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including medical drug, background and criminal checks).
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.