We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit Namastetechnologies.com.
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The FINANCE MANAGER will be a hands-on manager responsible for contributing as well as managing a team that performs a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These include but are not limited to:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for supervision of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections
· Ensure accounts receivable and accounts payable groups are meeting monthly deadlines, to ensure timely close of month end
· Provide accurate timely information to internal stakeholders, and ensuring these numbers are consistent with externally reported figures
· Proactively manage and monitor overall performance to drive accuracy and timeliness of all deliverables and achieve KPIs
· Help to identify, implement, and monitor internal controls surrounding accounts payable, accounts receivable, and treasury functions
· Monitoring and managing the organization’s bank relationships and liquidity management and cash flow budgeting
· Managing foreign currency exposure and foreign currency payments
· Forecasting of medium and long- term funding and hedging requirements (if applicable)
· Daily cash management, forecasting (short-term & long-term) and reporting
· Preparing management and board reports
· Liaising with senior management across the organization
· Additional duties as requested from time-to-time
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus a professional designation preferred
· Good working understanding of accounting concepts and financial statements
· 3 -5 year experiences working in related industry operation with hands-on experience managing shared services and treasury functions
· Understanding and experience of treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cashflow and various financial instruments
· Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments
· Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
· Ability to work autonomously and be part of the broader team
· Appropriate handling of sensitive information
· Excellent time management and organizational ability
· High level of attention to detail
· Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Quickbooks would be considered a strong asset
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.