We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit Namastetechnologies.com.
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST will be responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review accounting transactions for data and accounting accuracy; provide direction as required for initial source entry improvements
· Prepare journal entries plus other supporting schedules for multiple legal entities and functional areas, including accruals, impairments, foreign exchange, intercompany, and other complex transactions
· Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results
· Research, prepare and/or review detailed variance analysis and reconciliations for balance sheet and income statements
· Complete month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas including consolidation entries
· Assist with consolidated reporting package including financial statement preparation and management commentary for external financial statements as well as operational management reporting for assigned areas
· Assist in assessment, and documentation of the accounting impact and required disclosures for major transactions. This includes significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other complex transactions. Requires knowledge and experience of appropriate application of IFRS.
· Assist with compliance reporting and filings for corporate tax, GST/HST, excise tax
· Responsible for preparation of accurate and timely working papers for quarterly and annual external financial statements. Interact with external auditors throughout the audit process
· Support the continuous development, implementation and compliance of accounting and financial policies, best practices, process improvements, and internal controls.
· Additional duties as requested from time-to-time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus a professional designation preferred.
· 3 - 5 year experiences working in related industry operation with hands-on experience in Finance.
· People management experience an asset.
· Strong Analytical skills with clear understanding of complex accounting and financial concepts.
· Excellent attention to detail and highly accurate while also fast and efficient.
· Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and multiple companies and priorities.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills including written and oral communication with ability to communicate data and findings to all senior management levels.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as QuickBooks would be considered a strong asset
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.