We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit Namastetechnologies.com.
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST will be responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting with an operational focus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in development of annual plans and quarterly financial forecasts, including development of efficient processes to consolidate budget/forecast submissions and assist in the preparation of presentations to senior management
· Lead monthly, quarterly P&L variance analysis that includes relevant financial comparisons (budget, prior year) with comprehensive commentary for various levels of organization, including interaction with senior management
· Lead the preparation and consolidation of the monthly Finance operations reporting package
· Reporting and reconciliation of inventory movements and balances. Explain variances related to inventory control and cost adjustments, inventory revaluation.
· Regulatory reporting to Health Canada and the CRA
· Administration of inventory counts, providing guidance on proper process to Operations staff, reconciling count results, and investigating differences
· Preparing the inventory valuation model to determine production cost allocations
· Supporting financial and regulatory audits
· Support the continuous development, implementation and compliance of accounting and financial policies, best practices, process improvements, and internal controls.
· Additional duties as requested from time-to-time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus a professional designation preferred.
· 3 - 5 year experiences working in related industry operation with hands-on experience in Finance.
· People management experience an asset.
· Must have strong analytical skills with financial and inventory business experience for a min of 5 years
· Excellent attention to detail and highly accurate while also fast and efficient.
· Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and multiple companies and priorities.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills including written and oral communication with ability to communicate data and findings to all senior management levels.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as QuickBooks would be considered a strong asset
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.