We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit NamasteTechnologies.com
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filling, Inspection, labeling and packaging following company SOPs, policies and cGMPs, regulatory standards ensuring the (Cannabis Act) product is clean and safe. All candidates submitting an application must be available to work morning, afternoon, evening, evening, and weekend shifts.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean, Sanitize, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the filling line, Inspection, labeling and packaging line in a clean room environment.
- Complete all required documentation, batch record, logbooks and scheduled quality checks.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure that the released packaging materials are received, used and reconciled during production process.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with labeling operations.
- Perform filling and filling line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete cleaning checklist after completion and prior to production run.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Maintain communication with others, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of packaging.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Ensure required SOP's training are completed prior to execute the task.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Production Practices, Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for working under cGMPs, SOPs, Health and Safety report any Quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Graduate Diploma preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical or Food and Beverage industry preferred.
- Physically able to wear cleanroom /protective gowning and equipment, including but not limited to gowning, goggles, face shields, and protective gloves. PPE is essential for the health and safety of employees.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including medical drug, background and criminal checks).
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannMart. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannMart welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.