We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
Quality Assurance Associate
CannMart Labs - CannMart
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re monetizing this information. We have recently acquired our sales license for our Licensed Producer CannMart which now allows us to operate our marketplace for all brands’ legal cannabis products.
WHO YOU ARE
The QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE is accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and control systems in strict compliance with the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes. This person should have experience in writing, reviewing and implementing SOP’s, GMP’s, Sanitation programs and general QA / QC experience in a high-volume facility.
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees both quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) compliance with Health Canada’s QA guidelines pertaining to a cannabis extraction lab
- Review and control of Canadian printed packaging components (including master label artwork).
- Ability to develop, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Quality Manuals
- Establishing and enforcing GAP, GMP, HACCP and Quality Assurance standards
- Oversee critical/technical review of documents, test results, procedures and production equipment, including equipment qualification and validation
- Ensure compliance with regulations through auditing and quality systems
- Investigate product non-conformances; conduct material reviews for complaints, and document findings and responses. Manage product holds, reprocessing actions, and final disposition processes for noncompliant resources
- Manage procedures and processes pertaining to incidents, complaints, deviations and recall
- Manage audit and information requests from Health Canada pertaining to Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Products and all applicable GPPs, including: Batch Documentation Review, Certificate of Analysis Review, Label Review, Sample Handling and Release of Finished Product.
- Handle and review any necessary investigations arising out of complaints regarding quality.
- Coordinate and oversee destructions.
- Annual Product Quality Review creation and maintenance
- Review and assess for compliance data from stability programs for the Regulated Products;
- Preparation and maintenance of regulatory documents (i.e.: Producers Licence) as related to the Regulated Products.
- Audits of sites on behalf of the Licensed Producer.
- Supervision and Representation at Health Canada Inspections on behalf of the Licensed Producer
- Other responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in a cannabis extraction facility, using CO2, Ethanol and Hydrocarbon solvents
- Degree in Bachelor of Science
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Diploma Program from Canadian Institute or Equivalent.
- 3+ years relevant experience within pharmaceuticals, biotech or healthcare industries in Quality Assurance (QA).
- Knowledge of current Canadian GMP regulations and guidelines.
- Experience writing SOPs and technical writing and document management.
- Clean police background check.
- Knowledgeable of the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) is considered an asset
- Experience working in regulated industries
- Knowledge of medicinal cannabis or the pharmaceutical industry is an asset
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannMart. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannMart welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.