We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
CannMart Labs - CannMart
WHO WE ARE
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and offices in both B.C. and around the globe, Namaste Technologies is the world’s leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions. For further information about Namaste, please visit NamasteTechnologies.com
WE ARE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS!
WHO YOU ARE
The Extraction Manager is responsible for the management of the extraction production operation including team member productivity and driving process efficiency. You will manage multiple high-priority extraction projects and act as a strong leader for all production of extracts, and the management of operations from biomass through to packaging. This role is responsible for: providing leadership, direction, coaching and development to the extraction team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Responsible for all solvent extraction including: ethanol, CO2 and hydrocarbon extraction.
● Responsible for overseeing all post processing including but not limited to solvent recovery/removal, winterization and distillation.
● Responsible for overseeing packaging of final extract products in jar and cartridge forms.
● Ensure all equipment is in proper working order at all times.
● Create and review production and operating reports as well as resolving operational, production and logistic delays.
● Assess production orders/schedules to plan departmental operations based on product types, quantities, specifications and scheduled delivery/shipment dates.
● Coordinate production so as to guarantee quality and timelines meet or exceed industry standards.
● Responsible for promoting and ensuring a safe work environment at all times, adhering to occupational health and safety regulations
● Responsible for monitoring and ensuring positive morale across all departments.
● Represent Cannmart Labs in all Health Canada inspections, as well as all other regulatory audits or client visits.
● Assist departments with projects as required.
● Support the development and improvement of departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
● Identify operational and compliance gaps, whilst developing solutions to address them.
● Select, develop and evaluate staff to ensure efficient operations.
● Control and budget financial spending across all departments
● Create and manage KPI’s and OKR’s
● Encourage a strong team dynamic, encouraging employees to provide feedback in order to constantly be making improvements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor's Degree preferred or relevant working experience
● Health Canada Security Clearance Required
● 5 + years in an operations leadership role, preferably in the Cannabis Industry
● 3+ years of working in a production environment
● Demonstrated creativity and innovation in achieving business objectives.
● Superior oral and written communication, organization, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
● Experience managing multiple projects involving multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and work with all levels across the organization.
● Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
● Possession of key skills including conflict management, business negotiation, decision making and organization
● Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement principles or programs.
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.