We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
With headquarters in Toronto, ON, and people around the globe, Namaste Technologies is a leading online platform for cannabis products, accessories, and responsible education. The company’s ‘everything cannabis store’, CannMart.com, provides customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally-licensed cultivators, all on one convenient site. Namaste’s global technology and continuous innovation address local needs in a burgeoning cannabis industry requiring smart solutions.
The Director of eCommerce plays the lead role in the execution of the strategy for online revenue generation and profitability, site experience, and customer satisfaction. Our ideal candidate is an innovative retailer who is obsessive about customer behavior and focused on understanding how and why people shop, knows their numbers inside and out and is passionate about cannabis. Success in this role requires the right balance of operational excellence, and the ability to collaborate with global commercial team members in Planning, Customer Experience, Product, Finance, Logistics, and Marketing.
What you’ll do
- Articulate our long-term channel vision that firmly positions the CannMart for sustained growth
- Support senior leadership with quarterly and annual planning, aligned with company objectives
- Drive our e-commerce business success by optimizing assortment mix, sales generation, profitability, and consumer experience metrics.
- Create/manage accurate monthly demand forecasts using relevant internal/external data
- Consistently measure, analyze and provide actionable insights on relevant KPIs, metrics, and business objectives
- Collaborate with the Planning team to optimize inventory to assure products while minimizing capital impact
- Lead the eCommerce team to drive site experience through search functionality, site merchandising, new product onboarding, and collaboration with Marketing on the execution of content & campaigns in the digital channel
- Maximize customer engagement by anticipating customer needs, exceeding their expectations, increasing traffic and improving conversion
- Thoroughly understands how the customer interacts and converts on the site and translate those insights into actionable opportunities
- Create business cases to develop and nurture a best-in-class customer experience
- Monitor industry trends and share knowledge with internal stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams to create innovative ideas that support omnichannel strategic initiatives and revenue targets
- Establish and maintain relationships throughout the organization and ensure effective communication / coordination within and between teams, and with senior leadership
- Develop and implement processes and/or operational improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Oversee a strong and passionate team, fostering strong working relationships and driving best in class processes and practices, ensuring a supportive and motivational work environment for all team members
- Demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving, with the ability to leverage and translate data into meaningful action
- Business level knowledge of the technology ecosystem that supports an ecommerce business eg. Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Google Analytics, Product Information Management tools, Product Review platforms, Fraud Management Solutions, and Order Management Systems
- Must have a collaborative spirit, a keen sense of organization, and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, particularly with executive leaders
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to respond to changing situations, with a track record of prioritizing efforts based on ROI
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in online retailing with a deep understanding of industry best practices and relevant business models
- Excellent leadership, team-building, and management skills
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in scaling eCommerce businesses in multi-channel environments, preferably in consumer brand
- Minimum 5 years of management and leadership experience
- Strong business acumen with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven leadership in P&L management