We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re monetizing this information. We have recently acquired our sales license for our Licensed Producer CannMart which now allows us to operate our marketplace for all brands’ legal cannabis products.
CannMart operates as a subsidiary to Namaste Technologies which allows us to engage in distribution of medical cannabis through our Toronto location. This strategic acquisition leveraged our strengths in eCommerce and logistics to place us squarely in a position of leadership in the retail distribution of medical cannabis in Canada. Come and grow with one of the best cannabis companies on the planet!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with regulations set out by Health Canada (Cannabis Act), NCR, FDA, and any other applicable regulatory agencies
- Coordinate with related parties for regulatory submission documents regarding personnel security clearance applications, changes of key personnel, production and security measures (e.g. cameras footage coverage, alarm and intrusion system) etc.
- Adhere to all GMP, ISO, and international regulatory requirements
- Oversee and monitor loss and theft investigation and reporting.
- Review marketing and packaging & labelling artwork and provide regulatory guidance.
- Attend and assist in regular and targeted Health Canada inspections and audits from the other regulatory bodies.
- Participate in regulatory meetings and conferences with Health Canada and other regulatory bodies.
- Oversee regulatory record keeping and documentation retention compliance.
- Assist in preparation and coordinating of mock or actual recall event and communication with Health Canada and other regulatory bodies.
- Participate in the general development of regulatory strategies and solutions, communicating effectively to counterparties regarding changes and updates of the Cannabis Act and Regulations.
- Assist in regulatory SOPs development, maintenance, implementation and training.
- Reviewing marketing/web content to ensure compliance
- Prepare submissions and compile associated supportive documents in a timely manner for new license applications, license amendment/renewal applications.
- Ensure that all processing activities are carried out as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), at all times, to result in consistent quality Cannabis products.
- Managing all quality and regulatory components
- Must ensure that all technical documents at site in use are current. All the master documents such as site policy documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) must be controlled and secured in accordance with Good Documentation Practices
- Support validations and qualification programs, coordinate analytical testing using validated methods, interpret results and release Cannabis products for sale
- Coordinate all key product quality issues such as compliant handling, recall coordination, investigations on deviations/ failures and implementing corrective and preventative actions (CAPA), to close out quality and security gaps
- Plan and perform GPP training programs for Associates and Production Supervisors. Collaborates with other department Associates in all areas to improve process performance and safety
- Assist Health Canada auditors with inventory, sales and compliance audits
- Assists in maintaining documents, and reviews and regulatory required documentation including daily pre-shipment review of all, SOP and records.
- Responsible for assisting in drafting, training, implementing and or obtaining corrective actions and documentation of regulatory or program deviations that occur.
- Responsible for adhering to Health Canada regulations at all times.
- Work with management in development, implementation and conducting internal facility audits as scheduled.
- Additional duties as requested from time-to-time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferable Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. pharmaceutical) with accreditation in relevant associations and regulatory discipline required.
- Experience in the cannabis sector, pharmaceutical sector or other regulated product sectors is an asset.
- 3+ years hands-on quality or regulatory/compliance experience in a GMP-focused quality related position in the food or pharmaceutical industry environment or equivalent.
- Ability to gather, summarize, and interpret complex regulatory statutes and information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail; strong questioning and listening skills; and the ability to look beyond obvious answers in order to understand the impact on other areas is required.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, particularly in situations where direct manager authority does not exist.
- Ability to collaborate productively and efficiently with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- ACMPR, Cannabis Act & Regulations and GMP
- Health Canada Auditing
- Ability to interpret regulatory regulations and guidance documents
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with little supervision
- Ability to obtain and maintain QAP and A/RPIC status as required through Health Canada
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannMart. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannMart welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.