We are a team of passionate individuals working together for the same goal - to bring medical cannabis to the world. Even though we’re no longer a start-up, it’s important to us that we preserve that part of our culture - the part where everyone’s contribution makes an impact on the final result, and where we are all accountable and work creatively and collaboratively to problem-solve. Most importantly, as we grow, it’s important to us to maintain high levels of energy, passion, and drive.
WHO WE ARE
Namaste Technologies began as an international cannabis eCommerce company operating 32 sites in 20 countries. We have years of data collected on legal cannabis users and by combining machine learning technology with telemedicine apps, we’re monetizing this information. We have recently acquired our sales license for our Licensed Producer CannMart which now allows us to operate our marketplace for all brands’ legal cannabis products.
We are currently looking for an experienced Financial Planning and Analyst to join our finance team. In this role you will be primarily responsible for driving and providing oversight of the annual budget process. When not in a planning mode, you will also provide leadership and support to the AP and Equity Accounting functions. If you thrive in a fast pace growth environment and have a passion for building organizations, then this is the opportunity for you.
WHO YOU ARE / POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Compiles annual divisional and consolidated budgets
- Develops and communicates annual financial planning and reporting timelines to divisions and key business owners.
- Prepares and reviews rolling forecasts on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares presentations of plans, budget and forecast information to senior leadership.
- Manages the reporting and variance analysis of consolidated information for management and internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with CFO to ensure process alignment and all timelines achieved.
- Analyzes the monthly actuals vs. planning data, explains variances and highlights issues. Take corrective action to make adjustments.
- Manages and documents changes made during the planning cycle to ensure alignment to targets and support post planning review. Communicate changes to impacted stakeholders.
- Provides stakeholders with tools, knowledge, services, and training enabling them to complete planning activities.
- Responsible for quarterly Equity accounting reporting and analysis (including shares, options and warrants analysis).
- Updates weekly Cash Flow analysis and prepares reports for senior management review.
- Ad Hoc month end and quarter end analysis and closing procedures to assist Finance department in the month-end and quarter-end closing processes.
- Liaises with external auditors and regulatory bodies (CRA) as part of the due diligence process
- University Degree, and professional certification (CMA, CPA, CGA, CA)4-6 years of finance management experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and policy skills.
- Excellent presentation, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be hands-on, detailed oriented, assertive and exhibit professional curiosity.
- Knowledge of and exposure to IFRS.
- Strong software applications skills.
- Professional accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA) or in the final stages of completion.
- Demonstrated financial budgeting, forecasting and analytics experience
- Experience driving continuous improvement within the Finance function, including creating efficiencies in the finance planning process
- Strong customer service focus in order to liaise effectively with local, North American and global cross-functional teams
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position can be remote within Canada.